The Rules and Regulations below are understood and accepted as part of the Agreement between ASI Show, Inc., and those attending or renting booth space at ASI Show. For specific dates, times and locations, refer to the current ASI Show Space Reservation Agreement.
ASI Shows are open to distributors approved by ASI Show, Inc. All ASI distributor/decorator member companies receive unlimited free admission to the show. Companies/individuals must be in good standing and paid members of ASI at time of registration and at the time of the show to qualify for admission.
Distributors attending the show may bring their salespersons but not their customers onto the show floor. Distributors and their agents and affiliates are prohibited from conducting marketing or recruiting activities at the show.
ASI Show is closed to the general public, end-users of promotional products, children under the age of 12, and other non-authorized personnel.
Non-listed distributors are invited to attend ASI Show if they demonstrate they are a for-profit reseller of advertising specialties or related items, such as printed promotional items, trophies, awards, imprinted apparel, screen-printed or embroidered items, signs and other items. If not a for-profit reseller of promotional products, you will not be permitted to attend the show. The fee for non-listed distributors to attend the show is $199 per person for education and exhibit hall days, or $10 ($25 onsite) for exhibit hall days only.
ASI reserves the right to refuse access to anyone that does not meet the criteria or qualifications.
ASI Show, Inc. reserves the right to solicit all registrants for future ASI Show promotions. By attending an event, you agree that ASI Show may release to an event sponsor your presence at the sponsored activity and your corresponding contact information. Any registration information, ticket changes or substitutions made in advance of the show will be at no additional charge, however no refunds will be given. All ticket sales are final.
No distributor or others attending the show may conduct himself or herself in a manner offensive to decency or good taste. Attendees may not do anything detrimental to the success of the show or interfere with the business goals of any of the attendees. This includes, but is not limited to, disturbances or demonstrations of any kind, picketing against other registrants, and distributors and other attendees dropping off literature to supplier booths. Attendees may not recruit distributor sales personnel at the Show or at Show activities. All ASI members must be in good standing.
Any person attending ASI Show as a distributor guest may attend the education sessions. Some education sessions may require additional fees. Fees paid are not refundable under any circumstances. If education seminars and/or other paid education events are canceled by the participant more than 30 days before the event, credit for a future education event only, will be issued. Registration fees, name changes, etc. can be made prior to the show at no charge.
By attending and participating in ASI Show, you agree that you will not take any photography, videography or audiotaping to be used for commercial purposes (“Recordings”). Show management reserves the sole right for itself and for its authorized vendor(s) to make Recordings. Any party seeking to make Recordings at ASI Show must be approved by ASI Show in writing in advance of ASI Show. Violation of this rule shall be cause for immediate ejection from the event without refund and without participation in future events. You also agree that by attending ASI Show, that ASI Show or ASI may make Recordings of You, Your personnel, and if applicable, Your booth space and products for commercial use.
Attendees of ASI Show are permitted to use carts to carry catalogs and other materials collected at the show. Restrictions are:
Any company or person who violates any of the rules and regulations of ASI Show including giving a badge to or registering an unauthorized person, is subject to a $500 penalty for each violation. In addition, any company or person who violates the rules and regulations of ASI Show may be subject, at the discretion of ASI Show, Inc., to additional sanctions including, but not limited to, immediate removal from the show premises and prohibition from attending ASI Show in the future.
ASI Show reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any attendee in whole or in part, with or without giving cause. ASI Show's liability for rejection without giving cause shall be limited to a refund to the Attendee of the amount of fees unearned at the time of ejection. However, if an Attendee is ejected for violation of these rules or for any other stated reason (with cause), no return of fees will be made.
In the event of any claim or dispute arising under this Agreement, the parties shall first attempt to resolve the matter over a period of at least thirty-one (31) days. If no resolution is reached during that time, the parties may submit the dispute for resolution through such alternative dispute mechanism as the parties mutually agree upon at such time. In the absence of agreement as to alternative dispute resolution, either party may pursue any remedies available to it at law or equity.
Should either party bring an action to enforce terms or declare rights under this agreement, or should the parties agree to submit any disputes to Alternative Dispute Resolution, the substantially prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other relief to which it is entitled, its reasonable attorney's fees and all costs of suit as fixed by the court or the alternative dispute resolution panel.
Should either party resort to litigation or any form of alternative dispute resolution, the parties agree that Pennsylvania law shall apply without regard to principles of conflict of laws and that jurisdiction and venue shall be in state or federal court for Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
ASI Show, Inc. reserves the right to modify or add to these rules and regulations as it deems necessary at any time. Distributor/decorator attendees and other attendees will be expected to observe any modified regulations or additional regulations made by the official representatives of ASI Show, Inc.
1. ASI Shows are open to exhibitors approved by ASI Show, Inc. (Show Management).
2. Exhibit staff should be full-time employees of the exhibitor or persons employed for the duration of the show. Badges for staff are not transferable. Exhibitor Badges are free. Onsite registration must be accompanied by a letter of authorization if the company principal is not present.
3. Charter Exhibitors are companies listed with ASI who exhibited at ASI Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, June 23-25, 1998. To maintain charter status, the exhibitor must exhibit in at least one ASI Show annually.
4. Non-exhibiting suppliers who are listed with ASI may register for $199 per person. Sales representatives (whether employees or independent contractors) may attend only with the approval of their firm's principal. Only those firms registered to exhibit at ASI Show may solicit their goods and services. Specifically, guests and members of the press are prohibited from soliciting business on the show floor.
5. Registration information or ticket changes or substitutions made in advance of 30 days of the show will be at no charge. Changes or substitutions within 30 days of the show may be subject to a charge. Cancellations occurring more than 30 days prior to the show will be credited toward a future registration.
6. Booth space is available only to ASI listed suppliers. Exceptions may be made by ASI Show, Inc. for national and regional associations and other non-listed companies that provide services to distributors. All exhibitors must be in good standing with ASI and ASI Show, Inc. and have submitted an official Space Reservation Agreement. Exhibitors are not permitted to sell or market products, equipment, or machinery that can be used to customize promotional products. Exhibitors are not permitted to operate a retail sales outlet at the show.
7. Each booth is assigned to one company only and only the company on the contract is permitted to display the products it offers to distributors. Booth space may not be transferred or resold to any other company. Exhibitors may not market, directly or indirectly, for any distributor firm. Signs no larger than one (1) square foot for the sole purpose of identifying preferred vendor relationships are permitted.
8. All exhibits are in booths located on the exposition floor of the designated convention facility. Exhibits will not be permitted in any other location unless authorized by Show Management.
9. Exhibit space will be assigned based on the exhibitor's a) Priority Points, b) date of receipt of Space Reservation Agreement, c) square footage, and d) proximity to competitors. Priority Points may also be accrued through trade show sponsorship, marketing via ASI Show and other opportunities. All Priority Points accumulated per show. To receive Priority Points, you must pay all invoices on time. Failure to pay on time will result in forfeiture of Priority Points. If for any reason you do not maintain or lose your ASI member status, you will forfeit all Priority Points that you have earned.
10. Booths must be completed by 5:00 pm the night before Show opening. If a booth is not occupied prior to show opening and special arrangements have not been approved in writing between that exhibitor and Show Management, the booth will be considered canceled and ASI Show, Inc. reserves the right to reassign and/or resell the canceled space to another company, without refunding the original exhibitor.
11. ASI Show allows up to one and one half days for exhibitor set-up. Refer to the current ASI Show Exhibitor Service Manual for specific show days and exhibit hours. Exhibits must be open on every official exhibit day for the full duration of the listed exhibit hours and will be closed at all other times. If you fail to observe the official exhibit schedule, you may lose Priority Points for assignments at future ASI Show events.
12. Without express written approval from ASI Show, you may not display products/services and/or other advertising material in areas outside your booth space in areas such as, but not limited to, convention center lobby or aisles, food courts, parking lots, hotel lobbies, lounges, corridors, sleeping rooms, etc. You may not conduct unauthorized facility tours. You also agree not to operate hospitality suites, or hold any other functions open to attendees or exhibitors, during show hours or when ASI Show sponsored activities are being held. Only exhibitors may host hospitality functions in an official show hotel. All requests for a hospitality suite or public function space must be made through ASI Show.
13. Exhibitors are not permitted to dismantle their booths until the published closing time of the final day of exhibits. No packing crates or boxes will be returned until that time. Refer to the exhibitor manual/dismantle schedule for dates and times of final removal from the exposition facility. All shipping arrangements (bills of lading, routing, etc.) should be made at the freight desk before departure.
14. Contracts received without deposit will not be processed. There will be no refunds. See the cancellation table in the Terms and Conditions for policies involving partial credit for cancellations. All cancellations will lose the Priority Points for the show. Any exhibitor who has reserved a booth and does not attend ASI Show without notifying show management will be charged the full, non-discounted fee for the booth space as well as $1,000 per 10x10 booth to cover costs incurred by ASI Show including those associated with decorating the booth space, moving other exhibitors, and other costs. If the show is sold out, and if the exhibitor gives sufficient advance notice, and ASI Show is able to resell the booth space, then ASI Show will apply a credit of the fee already paid toward the next year's shows. For the current rates, applicable discounts, and priority point calculation schedules, refer to the current ASI Show Space Reservation Agreement.
All booths will conform to the booth construction standards set forth in the guidelines for display rules and regulations published and endorsed by professional trade show industry organizations.
15. Linear booths, or “In- line” booths are arranged in a straight line and have neighboring exhibitors on their immediate right and left, leaving only one side exposed to the aisle. The maximum height for the backwall is 8' unless “Extended Height” has been purchased. Display materials should be arranged in such a manner so as not to obstruct sight lines of neighboring exhibitors. The maximum height of 8' is only allowed in the rear half of the booth space, with a 4' height restriction imposed on all materials in the remaining space forward to the aisle. Note: When three or more linear booths are used in combination as a single booth space, the 4' height limitation is applied only to that portion of exhibit space which is within 10' of an adjoining booth. All sides must be draped or finished at the exhibitor's expense, so as not to be objectionable to adjacent exhibitors.
16. A corner booth is a linear booth at the end of a series of in-line booths with exposure to the intersection aisle on the two sides. All guidelines for linear booths apply.
17. An Island booth is any size booth exposed to aisles on all four sides. Island displays 20' x 20' or larger may extend to but not exceed 12' in height unless Extended Height is purchased. For overhead signs, see show rule 29.
18. Aisle Spans: Exhibits occupying a minimum of 30 linear feet on both sides of an aisle and bounded by aisles at both ends, may span the aisle only with show management approved construction. No Aisle Span shall exceed 16' unless positioned in an Extended Height area nor extend into any aisle or neighboring booth. Aisles must remain clear.
To ensure traffic flow is not interrupted, booths that cross an aisle and are larger than 20x20 must be built so that their perimeter structures do not in any way block the aisle leading into their booth or leading from their booth. The opening into their booth and out of the booth must be at least 10 ft wide and match up with the aisle.
19. Extended Height: Any booth requesting an extended height variance must submit a rendering of the booth display to Show Management and receive approval. In-line booths may go up to 10' maximum, when Extended Height is approved. An Island booth may exceed 12' to a maximum of 16' when Extended Height is approved. When product or display exceeds 10' in in-line booths, or 16' in islands, booth may be required to be located in a designated area and the Extended Height Fee is applied. The exhibitor is responsible for the cost of any additional decoration required for the Extended Height.
20. 8' high draped background and 36" draped side dividers will be provided.
21. Each exhibitor 300 sf or less will receive at no additional charge a two-line identification sign showing their booth number, their name, their ASI number, and their city and state. No other logo or information shall appear on the sign unless specially approved by ASI Show, Inc. Exhibitors who are 400 sf. or larger will have to request a booth I.D. sign.
22. All booth cleaning is the responsibility of the exhibitor. Emptying of exhibitor wastebaskets is not included with the general aisle cleaning. A clean carpet will be installed during move-in. If exhibitors want a one-time cleaning before the show, that must be ordered through the General Contractor.
23. All requests for services, furniture, additional draping, decorations and additional signs are at the exhibitor's expense and should be placed directly with the official service contractor. Complete details are in the exhibitor manual.
24. All property is to be shipped to and from the official drayage company by each exhibitor. All shipments of exhibit material and displays are to be made prepaid. The rate paid will include accepting and storing freight up to 30 days prior to the first day of the show, transporting materials to the Exhibit facility, removing and storing all empty crates until the close of the show, returning crates to exhibitor's booth, and transporting materials back to the dock for reloading. Everything that is to be delivered to the exhibitor's booth should arrive at the material handling contractor's warehouse no later than seven days prior to the first day of the show. Refer to your exhibitor manual for complete shipping instructions.
25. The rate paid to the official drayage company will not include any uncrating, construction, or unskidding of freight in your booth or the dismantling of your booth after the show. Such labor and equipment will be furnished as required and paid by the exhibitor at the prevailing rates. All empty packing crates must be properly marked with the exhibitor's company name and booth number. Unmarked crates cannot be returned.
26. No trunks, cases or packing materials may be brought into or out of the exhibit area during exhibit hours. Refer to the current ASI Show Space Reservation Agreement.
27. Labor jurisdiction and union rules are determined by the city and state in which ASI Shows are held. Carpenters, painters and other skilled labor, as well as common laborers or porters, can be arranged through the official service contractor at established rates. Arrangements should be made in advance. Exhibitors who are eligible to set up their own display according to union guidelines must be full-time employees of the company and proof of employment may be requested. Review your exhibitor manual for specifics on union guidelines and restrictions.
28. Outlets are not part of your booth space. Local ordinance prohibits more than two (2) connections per outlet box. All wiring must be three-wire and grounded. AC 60 Cycle, 120 volt, single phase; AC 60 Cycle, 208 volt, single phase; and AC 60 Cycle, 120/208 volt, three phase electrical current is available.
29. No signs or advertising devices may be displayed outside of your exhibit space. Nothing may be posted, tacked or otherwise attached to columns, walls, floors or other parts of the building or furniture. All necessary and proper measures must be taken for the protection of the building, equipment or furniture at the expense of exhibitor. Overhead, suspended signs may be displayed only over island, peninsula, aisle spans, and perimeter booths with the express permission of show management and upon payment of the Extended Height Fee.
Extended Height, Aisle Spans and Hanging Signs are available at an additional cost of $199 per booth if you have notified and paid show management in advance; $300 per booth if paying onsite at the show. Non-member pricing is as follows: $1,000 per booth in advance; $1,999 per booth onsite.
30. Exhibitors may not distribute or display products, circulars, catalogs or publications outside the confines of their exhibit space without advanced approval of show management at its discretion and payment of a $1,000 fee. Such literature must be distributed by Show Management as a booth drop. In addition, such literature must bear the following notice: "Distribution of this literature is approved by ASI Show, Inc.; however, approval of distribution does not endorse the supplier or the content of this material. If any member of an exhibit staff is attired in a special costume relating to that company's product or exhibit, that person must remain within the exhibitor's booth space while in costume.
31. No distributor or others attending the show may conduct himself or herself in a manner offensive to decency or good taste. Attendees may not do anything detrimental to the success of the show or interfere with the business goals of any of the attendees. This includes but is not limited to disturbances or demonstrations of any kind, picketing against other registrants, and distributors and other attendees dropping off literature to supplier booths. All ASI members attending the Show must be in good standing.
32. Any person attending ASI Show ¬ may attend the education sessions. Some education sessions may require additional fees. Fees paid are not refundable under any circumstances. If education seminars, and/or other paid education events are canceled by the participant more than 30 days before the event, credit for a future education event only, will be issued. Within 30 days of the event, no credit will be issued. Registration fees, name changes, etc. can be made up to 30 days prior to the show at no charge.
33. All visual and audio rights (“Recordings”) for all ASI Show events are reserved by ASI Show or ASI. You may only make Recordings of items solely within Your booth. Except as noted above, by attending ASI Show, you agree that you will not make any Recordings. ASI Show management reserves the sole right for itself and for its authorized vendor(s) to make Recordings. Any party seeking to make Recordings at ASI Show must be approved in writing by a Vice President of ASI Show. Violation of this rule shall be cause for immediate ejection from the event without refund and without participation in future ASI Show events. You also agree that by attending ASI Show, that ASI Show or ASI may make Recordings of You, Your personnel, and if applicable, Your booth space and products for commercial use.
34. Any violation of these Rules & Regulations is subject to a fine of $1000 plus all costs incurred in collecting this and all outstanding monies on Exhibitors account, including reasonable attorney fees. Repeat offenses will result in doubled fines and may result in loss of the right to exhibit or attend ASI Show events. Additionally, the violator may be subject to additional penalties as provided herein.
35. All packing containers, wrapping paper and packing material, which must be flame proof, must be removed from the floor and must not be stored under tables or behind displays. Use of tissue paper, crepe, corrugated or other forms of flammable materials is prohibited and materials used for table and shelf covering must be able to withstand a flame proof test as prescribed by fire ordinance of the host city. All inflammables are to be kept in safety containers. Open flames, oxygen tanks, etc. are not permitted without the permission of the host city's Fire Prevention Bureau.
36. You expressly assume all the risks associated with, resulting from or arising in connection with your participation at the show including, without limitation, all risks of theft, loss, harm, damage or injury to the person (including death), property, business, or profits of exhibitor, whether caused by negligence, intentional act, accident, act of God or otherwise.
You have sole responsibility for Your property or any theft, damage, or other loss of such property (whether or not stored in any courtesy storage area), including any subrogation claims by Your insurer. Neither ASI Show nor the exhibit facility accepts responsibility, nor is a bailment created for property delivered by or to You. Neither ASI Show nor the exhibit facility shall be liable for, and You hereby release all of them from and covenants not to sue any of them with respect to any and all risks, losses, damages and liabilities described in this paragraph.
37. Exhibitor understands that ASI Show, Inc. does not carry business interruption and property damage insurance coverage for loss or damage of exhibitor's property. The exhibitor agrees to obtain adequate insurance during the dates of the trade show, including move-in and move-out days.
Exhibitor assumes any and all the risks associated with their exhibition at ASI Show and hereby expressly releases and agrees not to sue or make any claim against ASI Show, Inc. or the official service contractor or their officers, agents or employees, and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold ASI Show, Inc. and the official service contractor harmless against any suit or claim.
ASI Show, Inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for any of the services performed or materials delivered by contractors or other suppliers to the show, their personnel, or their agents. Any controversies which may arise between exhibitors and official contractors, or personnel of either, on the show premises shall be referred to ASI Show, Inc. for resolution and ASI Show, Inc. decision shall be final and binding.
38. Any company or person who violates any of the rules and regulations of ASI Show including giving a badge to or registering an unauthorized person, is subject to a $500 penalty for each violation. In addition, any company or person who violates the rules and regulations of ASI Show may be subject, at the discretion of ASI Show, Inc., to additional sanctions including, but not limited to, immediate removal from the show premises and prohibition from attending ASI Show in the future.
39. ASI Show reserves the right to reject, eject, or prohibit any attendee in whole or in part, with or without giving cause. ASI Show's liability for rejection without giving cause shall be limited to a refund to the Attendee of the amount of fees unearned at the time of ejection.
However, if an Attendee is ejected for violation of these rules or for any other stated reason (with cause), no return of fees will be made.
40. Any leads or contact information You obtain from exhibiting at an ASI Show or ASI activity cannot be provided to or used by or for a competitor of ASI or ASI Show.
41. If Your display and/or booth are in violation of show display rules, and You refuse or are not available to rectify the violations, Show Management reserves the right to instruct the general contractor to incur the necessary labor charges to remedy the violation(s) at Your cost.
42. Each exhibitor, while participating in ASI Show, is charged with knowledge of all Federal, State and local laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety. Compliance with such laws is mandatory for all exhibitors, and the sole responsibility is that of the exhibitor.
43. Exhibitor represents and warrants: (1) the exhibit will be accessible to the full extent required by law, (2) that its exhibit will comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and with any regulations implemented by the Act, and (3) that it shall indemnify and hold harmless and defend ASI Show, Inc. from and against any and all claims and expenses including reasonable attorneys fees and litigation expenses that may be incurred by or asserted against ASI Show, Inc. on the basis of the exhibitor's breach of this paragraph or non-compliance with any of the provisions of the ADA.
44. Exhibitor represents and warrants that no musical work protected by copyright will be staged, produced or, otherwise performed via either "live" or "mechanical" means, by or on behalf of exhibitor, unless exhibitor has previously obtained written permission from the copyright owner or the copyright owner's designee (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, or SESAC) for such use.
45. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, save and hold harmless and defend ASI Show, Inc. and its directors, officers, agents, employees, and each of them, from and against any and all claims, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses), demands, actions, and liabilities of every kind with respect to any breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
46. In the event of any claim or dispute arising under this Agreement, the parties shall first attempt to resolve the matter over a period of at least thirty-one (31) days. If no resolution is reached during that time, the parties may submit the dispute for resolution through such alternative dispute mechanism as the parties mutually agree upon at such time. In the absence of agreement as to alternative dispute resolution, either party may pursue any remedies available to it at law or equity.
47. Should either party bring an action to enforce terms or declare rights under this agreement, or should the parties agree to submit any disputes to Alternative Dispute Resolution, the substantially prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other relief to which it is entitled, its reasonable attorney's fees and all costs of suit as fixed by the court or the alternative dispute resolution panel.
48. Should either party resort to litigation or any form of alternative dispute resolution, the parties agree that Pennsylvania law shall apply without regard to principles of conflict of laws and that jurisdiction and venue shall be in state or federal court for Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
49. ASI Show, Inc. reserves the right to modify or add to these rules and regulations as it deems necessary at any time. Distributor, decorators and suppliers will be expected to observe any modified regulations or additional regulations made by the official representatives of ASI Show, Inc.